Swiss Ambassador to Armenia Lukas Gasser: Switzerland will try to contribute to a peaceful settlement of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict without questioning the established formats such as the OSCE Minsk process
The construction of the Hamazgayin Theater building will be launched in Mashtots Park in Yerevan by early October, Vardan Mkrtchyan, director of the theater, told ArmInfo. He added that constriction will last for 2 years. So, the new building of the theater will open in 2015-2016. Mkrtchyan said that 98% of the construction costs will be covered by the state, and the remaining 2% - by investors.
According to the project, there will be two similar buildings. One of them will be the theater; the other one will be a Center for Modern Arts. The project implies maintenance of the green zones and the landscape of Mashtots Park. The author of the project is architect Levon Galumyan.
The talks about the construction of the Hamazgayin Theater building in Mashtots Park emerged in summer 2012. Green activists, including the initiative "We Are the Owners of This City" negatively responded to the project. Their discontent was connected first of all with the fact that the theater may swallow the public access area. To note, the Hamazgayin Theater has been located in the building of the Theater and Cinema Institute for many years.