Political expert: Reports that the Azeri Parliament might adopt a law "On Occupied Territories of Azerbaijan" were just an attempt to see the reaction of the Azeri society, Armenia and the world community
Marat Terterov: Armenia’s long term security will be better served by strengthening economic security, rather than defining national security on the basis of the Tsarist Russian catch-cry “armiya i flot”
Transit of the Russian gas to Armenia via the territory of Georgia that was suspended on October 1 was resumed at 9:05am on October 4, ArmRusgasprom CJSC reports.
The Gas and Transport Company of Georgia completed the repair at the North-Caucasus -South Caucasus gas main. The population was supplied with gas from the Abovyan underground gasholder in the period of repair.
ArmRusgasprom cjsc is the sole importer of gas to Armenia. Gazprom ojsc, Russia, hold the 80% stake in the company, with the remaining 20% belonging to the Government of Armenia. Armenia imports gas also from Iran in exchange for electric power.