by Gayane Isahakyan
Areximbank-Gazprombank Group has launched a campaign for motorists, under which it will provide the customers acquiring a motor vehicle insurance package with free non-chip MasterCards.
The Bank's press service has told ArmInfo that the customers acquiring an up to 40 thsd AMD insurance package will receive a MasterCard Standard for 1 year without a trigger balance and a fee for annual service. The currency is chosen by the customers. If the insurance package costs more than 40 thsd AMD, the customers will receive non-chip MasterCard Gold on the same terms.
The source recalls that if the holders of MasterCard Maestro, MasterCard Standard, MasterCard Gold pay for their shopping at the trade outlets in Armenia by means of cards (i.e. the customers making use of POS- terminals and e-commerce services) are provided with an opportunity of 1% cash-back.
According to the Analytical Review "Armenian Banks in Card Business" by the Agency of Rating Marketing Information (ArmInfo), Areximbank-Gazprombank Group is among the top ten Armenian banks by the number of international cards (with VISA's prevalence), as well as by the number of ATMs, its own POS-terminals and pension cards. The Bank is a principal member of international VISA, MasterCard and local ArCa payment systems. The Bank issues VISA Electron, VISA Classic, VISA Gold, VISA Business, Maestro, MasterCard Standard and MasterCard Gold cards, as well as ArCa ‘lassic and ArCa pension cards. In Feb 2014 Areximbank-Gazprombank Group and VISA announced that they started accepting payments by means of Visa payWave proximity cards in Armenia. So, Areximbank-Gazprombank Group became the first Armenian bank to launch the technology of accepting proximity payments in Armenia.
To note, in November 2007 Gazprombank OJSC acquired an 80% stake in Areximbank (Armenia). The latter was founded in 1998. In July 2008 Gazprombank's stake increased to 94.15%. In September 2008 Gazprombank purchased the remaining 5.85% from Raiffeisen Bank and became the sole owner of Areximbank-Gazprombank Group CJSC.