Newsfeed

David Sanasaryan Going on a Hunger Strike in Liberty Square

Valery Osipyan: Police will not Allow Protestors to March towards Baghramyan Ave

Activist says a rally against electricity price hike will be held in Liberty Square

Police disperse protest in Baghramayan Ave

Police of Armenia warn to restore traffic on Baghramyan Ave at 1:00pm

Ara Budaghyan faces arrest

Deputy chief of Yerevan Police urges protesters to lift barricades and go home

Areximbank-Gasprombank Group Propelling its Statutory Capital to a Leading Position

Free SMS for Orange prepaid and monthly subscription customers

Volume of VTB Bank (Armenia) "VISA VTB Cosmopolitan" Non-Cash Operations Increased by more than 40%

ROSGOSSTRAKH ARMENIA Shortening the OSAGO Reimbursement Dates

Georgian Political Expert: Georgia to Gladly Accept USA's Offer to Host Military Objects and Forces

Press conference dedicated to the 9th International Tchaikovsky Competition for Young Musicians.

Electric Networks of Armenia keen to ensure its receivables through court action

Special Investigation Service of Armenia initiates criminal case over Police use of force to disperse protests against electricity price hikes

Expert: Nationalization of ENA will halt investments and reduce donations to Armenia

Ambassador: Yerevan's new differentiated foreign policy line bringing fruits

"City Talks": the embedded airtime can also be used for calling to 374 97 and 374 47 networks, USA, Canada and Russia

Stratfor: "Any change in tactics to protesters could enflame the protests and escalate the situation in Armenia"

Andrey Areshev: Forces demonstrating preconditions for Maidan-like revolution in Armenia should not push things too far

Joint Offer from INECOBANK, ARAY and Technolife - 15% Return of Non-Cash Payment to Cardholders

Founding Parliament says its members suffering political persecutions

Foreign Minister of Armenia: Authorities taking measures to establish dialogue with protesters

Deputy Demanding to Explain the Situation on Russian Loan and Energy Rate Compensation Funds

Ministry of Defence of Armenia: no Penny from Russian 200-mln-USD Loan to be Allocated for Energy Rate Compensation

Deputy-General Threatening to Kick Those who are Responsible for Fraud at "Electric Networks of Armenia"

Armenian Police Withdrawing Special Vehicles from Baghramyan Ave

Newspaper: Within Soft Loan Russia is to Procure Armenia with "Iskander M" Missile Complexes

Regional

European investors express willingness to elaborate a program on rehabilitation and commissioning of Nairit Plant

  • by Arthur Yernjakyan

  • Tuesday, June 24, 17:24

On June 23, European entrepreneurs and investors visited the idle Nairit Plant in Armenia and expressed their willingness to elaborate a program on rehabilitation and commissioning of the Plant, reports the Forum of Armenian Associations of Europe (FAAE), which organized the Europeans' visit to Armenia.     

The European delegation included experts specializing in rehabilitation and management of crisis-affected enterprises. The specialists got acquainted with the situation at the Plant and decided to work out a program for rehabilitation and commissioning of the Nairit Plant. The idea arose after the Armenian state officials directly stated that they "were washing hands" of Nairit and leaving it to Moscow's discretion. 

FAAE President Ashot Grigorian said that such a behavior of the Armenian Government demonstrates that the officials feel no responsibility for their country.
Earlier the Armenian officials were reliant on Rosneft (Russia), which was going to invest in Nairit Plant.  However, the Russians' interest has exhausted after long negotiations. In addition, Rosneft and Pirelli (Italy) have recently signed a Memorandum of Understanding on production and delivery of synthetic rubber to Nakhodka (Far East). Moreover, Pirelli has a distributor in Armenia, which sells the Italian manufacturers' tires.        

In 2006 90% of Nairit's shares were sold to Rhinoville Property Limited for 40 million USD, with the remaining 10% belonging to the Government of Armenia. In April 2010 the production at the plant was stopped. The Plant's shares are pawned and the Plant is undergoing legal proceedings.

Send to a friend

To (e-mail)


Your name


Message


Comments

View comments (0)
  • READ ALL COMMENTS
  • POST A COMMENT

Be first to comment on this article

* Indicates required fields
Classifieds

ArmInfo News Agency -vacanсy

TITLE: Russian – English Translator LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Part-time JOB DESCRIPTION: ArmInfo News Agency is looking for a Russian-English translator to work evening shifts. Graduates are encouraged to apply. APPLICATION DEADLINE: 15 July 2015 PROBATIONARY STATUS: at least 1 month depending on the progress