Civil initiative "No to robbery" has called on Armenian citizens to take an active part in signatures collection against growth of electric power tariffs.
Activists of the movement have issued a statement saying that the research held by Public Services Regulatory Commission (PSRC) on the expenditure predictions submitted by the energy system companies and their obligations for 2014-2015, the discussion of the energy tariffs, as a result of which a decision was adopted to raise tariffs, as well as the explanation, why they need adopting such a decision, are suspect. The citizens which have signed under the requirements, demanded to fix reasonable tariffs.
The statement of the civil initiative consists of 8 points:
1. To set up a commission to investigate profit and expenditure of the energy companies, including the formation of the deficit in an amount 17,9 billion AMD.
2. To involve specialists of the civil initiative "No to robbery" and members of the Armenian parliament in the commission as its fully-fledged members.
3. To provide the needed level of transparency of the work of the commission.
4. To give such authorities to the Commission which would let it implement the above-mentioned functions.
5. Not to raise electric power tariffs until ending of the work of the commission.
6. After ending of the work of the Commission, to discuss in the PSRC a problem of decrease of the electric power tariff.
7. To revise the regulating sector of legal norms.
8. To create conditions for using of alternative energy sources, offering tax privileges to the companies generating them, which will result in dropping of the electric power tariffs.