Nalbandian: Racism and racial discrimination, xenophobia and intolerance grossly violate human dignity and give rise to tensions within and between societies. That is why the fight against them became one of the main priorities of our chairmanship.
by Erik Abrahamyan
In 2013 Areximbank-Gazprombank Group issued 18627 cards (15.5% rise versus 2012). The turnover by cards at the Bank's service points rose by 37.94% and at cash withrawal points - by 8.35%, the press service of the Bank has told ArmInfo.
"In 2014 the service of noncash payments will keep on developing. Over the past few years the card market of Armenia has been intensively developing due to the compeititon among the banks. This is proved by both the rise in the number of issued cards and the volume of transactions, as well as by the new card services recently launched by the banks. As regards our bank, we are still the only Armenian bank to be certified by Visa and MasterCard for acquiring in the Internet. In 2014 we will offer our customers some interesting plastic projects", said Ruben Khachatryan, Deputy Director General of Areximbank-Gazprombank Group CJSC. According to the Analytical Review "Armenia Banks in the Card Business" by the Agency of Rating Marketing Information (ArmInfo), since 2012 Areximbank-Gazprombank Group has been issuing local ArCa cards alongside with issuing and servicing international Visa and MasterCards. As of 30 Sept 2013, the total number of active cards of the Bank was over 32,000, with most of them being Visa cards. By the number of active Visa cards, the Bank is among the top ten banks. The share of the Bank's salary projects is about 80% of the total number of active cards. For the moment, the Bank has 78 ATMs and 325 POS terminals. By late 2013 the Bank is planning to increase the number of its active cards to 40,000, the turnover by the cards - to 70 bln AMD, and the number of salary projects - to 157.
To note, in November 2007 Gazprombank OJSC acquired 80% of Areximbank's shares. In July 2008 the share of Gazprombank grew to 94.15%, and in Sept 2008 Gazprombank bought the remaining 5.85% from Raiffeisen Bank and became the sole owner of Areximbank-Gazprombank Group.