Marat Terterov: Armenia’s long term security will be better served by strengthening economic security, rather than defining national security on the basis of the Tsarist Russian catch-cry “armiya i flot”
Members of the Central Electoral Commission of Armenia signed a protocol on the preliminary results of the February 18 presidential election in Armenia.
By preliminary data from all the 1988 polling stations, the situation is as follows:
1. Incumbent president, Leader of the Republican Party of Armenia Serzh Sargsyan - 58,64% (861160 votes)
2. Leader of Heritage Party Raffi Hovannisian - 36,75% (539672)
3. Former Prime Minister Hrant Bagratyan - 2,15%
4. Leader of the Union for National Self-Determination Party Paruyr Hayrikyan - 1,23%
5. Political expert Andrias Ghoukassyan - 0,57%
6. Expert in epic Vardan Sedrakyan - 0,42%
7. Former FM of NKR Arman Melikyan - 0,24%
The turnout was 68.18% or 1 521 407 voters by preliminary data of the CEC.