Swiss Ambassador to Armenia Lukas Gasser: Switzerland will try to contribute to a peaceful settlement of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict without questioning the established formats such as the OSCE Minsk process
by Tigran Khachatryan
In Jan-June 2013 Areximbank-Gazprombank (GPB) Group increased the portfolio of time deposits of individuals by 21.4% to 29.8 bln AMD. The press service of the Bank has told ArmInfo that the deposits of resident individuals grew by 20.6% to 23.4 bln AMD.
The source says that over Jan-June 2013 the number of time deposits of individuals rose by 11.1% to 4297. The share of resident individuals made up 4047 (10.9% growth over Jan-June 2013) or 94.2% of the total number of time deposits of individuals.
The Ranking of Commercial Banks of Armenia by the Agency of Rating Marketing Information (ArmInfo) says that Areximbank-GPB Group is among the top ten leaders by time deposits of individuals. In the structure of the time deposits, the share of individuals' deposits is 87%, and in total liabilities of the bank the share of time deposits is over 31%.
To note, in November 2007, Gazprombank OJSC (Russia) purchased 80% of Areximbank (Armenia) founded in 1998. In July 2008 Gazprombank's share rose to 94.15%, and in September 2008 Gazprombank purchased the remaining 5.85% from Raiffeisen Bank and became the sole stockholder of Areximbank- Gazprombank Group CJSC.