Political expert: Reports that the Azeri Parliament might adopt a law "On Occupied Territories of Azerbaijan" were just an attempt to see the reaction of the Azeri society, Armenia and the world community
Marat Terterov: Armenia’s long term security will be better served by strengthening economic security, rather than defining national security on the basis of the Tsarist Russian catch-cry “armiya i flot”
By data of the Central Electoral Commission, incumbent president Serzh Sargsyan has won the presidential election.
By data from all the 1988 polling stations, the situation is as follows:
1. Incumbent president, Leader of the Republican Party of Armenia Serzh Sargsyan - 58,64% (861160 votes)
2. Leader of Heritage Party Raffi Hovannisian - 36,75% (539672)
3. Former Prime Minister Hrant Bagratyan - 2,15% (31643)
4. Leader of the Union for National Self-Determination Party Paruyr Hayrikyan - 1,23% (18093)
5. Political expert Andrias Ghoukassyan - 0,57% (8328)
6. Expert in epic Vardan Sedrakyan - 0,42% (6203)
7. Former FM of NKR Arman Melikyan - 0,24% (3516).