Armenia's response to the murder of Smbat Tsakanyan will not be long, Spokesman of Armenia's Defense Minister Artsrun Hovhannisyan told ArmInfo on Thursday.
He said that the enemy will receive a painful response for the cruel murder of the boy and its recent attack on Nagorno- Karabakh's territory. Radio Liberty quotes the head of the Karvachar community Vitaly Daniyelyan as saying that Tsakanyan, a 17-year-old boy killed by Azeri raiders last week, was buried on Wednesday in a closed coffin. Even his parents were not allowed to see his body as it lied in the sun for almost a week and was in a very bad state.
Tsakanyan's dead body was found in woods between the Karvachar and Manashid communities in Nagorno-Karabakh's Shahumyan district on Tuesday.
The boy had been missing since July 7. His father Mekhak said that his son was alone on the day when a group of Azeri raiders attempted an attack on Karvachar. He was sure that the boy was kidnapped as some property in the house was also missing.
Last week Nagorno-Karabakh's troops prevented an Azeri raid on Karvachar. Some of the raiders were killed, two – Gulin Shahbaz Jalaloglu and Dilhan Gardashhan – were detained and are now facing criminal charges.
It was one of the detainees who told Nagorno-Karabakh's police where the body was.